I spent last week moving from 2k3 to ROS. After doing final validation of my usbhub changes on 2k3, me and my mentor decided to move to some real world issues. I have setup my development and testing environment work with ROS instead of 2k3.
Wow, these weeks keep blazing by! Apologies for the missed updates; I've been faced with a family emergency for the past couple of weeks. My girlfriend's dad was in the hospital for 13 days after having a heart attack, getting a triple-bypass, then suffering from Ogilvie syndrome after surgery. He got out Saturday and is recovering. It's been a very long, scary time for my girlfriend and her family and she needed my support full-time.
Since previous post I have done few tasks and learned a lot of things. Generally, I was reading and thinking about WDM’s PnP handling concepts. In general, I’ve improved my understanding of PnP and also learned about remove synchronization. Also I’ve investigated some corner cases and problems of WDM related remove synchronization topic. I think this learning is definitely a big investment into my future as NT driver developer.
Having rewritten all of the functions that I implemented and modified some of the functions that already existed before I started on this project at the end of last week, I now had to start flushing all of the bugs that invariably exist after a rewrite.
The major issue I dealt with this past week revolved around properly handling a TDI_LISTEN.